
Anne Parks had a nursery rhyme party at school last week, and she was in charge of bringing a sweet treat. After much debate, we decided to bring "Itsy, Bitsy Spider" cupcakes.Anne Parks has been really into spiders lately. I think she must be going through a developmental phase where she talks about scary things then convinces herself that she's okay with them. For a while, it was the Big, Bad Wolf, then the forrest; now, it's spiders.
She and I worked really hard on the cupcakes. I iced and added legs, and she put on the eyes and the sprinkles. At first she told me that spiders have black legs, not red ones. I had bought some licorice, forseeing this exact problem, but after tasting the black legs, she decided that the red ones (cherry Twizzlers) would be just fine.
According to Anne Parks, they were a hit in the Buzzin' Bee Class!

2 comments:
I love the first picture!!! How fun!
I'm really glad she's learning to be unafraid of spiders. I certainly never did. Cute basketball pics!
Post a Comment