Anne Parks can run fast! Sometimes too fast for her to keep up with her own feet! The warning heard over and over at our house has been "slow down, or you'll fall, and we'll have to go to the hospital!"
Well, if finally happened!
Here's the story in Anne Parks' own words:
"I was running at my house and I fell on my baby sister's chair and we went to the hospital 'cause Dr. Jones' office is closed at night...and we got there at night, but when we got home it was in the morning and the sun was up!"
She told me that she told all of her friends and teachers this story about how she got her big bandaid "one at a time," and it's pretty close to what happened.
I had Nora's highchair in the living room, and she was eating a Cheerios snack. Jason's friend Will came over, and Anne Parks just LOVES Mr. Will. She started showing off for him by running in circles. I said, "Stop running, or you're going to fall!" Then, Jason said, "Stop running, or you're going to fall!" Then, she fell!
I called my mom who rushed over to take care of poor Nora who was totally confused by the chaos, and we packed up and to the emergency room. Luckily, I had some gauze and tape, we were able to bandage it up for the ride downtown.
You can tell by that smille that she had no idea what her head looked like!
When the nurse came in, Anne Parks' first question was, "Is he going to shot me?"
He didn't "shot" her, but gave her a Lidocaine cotton ball.
The doctor finally came in around 10:30 (2 hours after our arrival), and Anne Parks fell asleep while he was talking to us. 
The nurse came in a wrapped her up, and she was still out cold. He showed us how to hold her down for when the screaming came and even asked if we wanted to step out and let other nurses hold her down. We stayed, and she slept through the entire thing! She had at least four shots to deaden the spot, then 2 stitches inside and 7 outside, and she just flinched a few times. It was such blessing!

We got home around 1:30, and Anne Parks when right back to sleep.
She did great and even went to school the next day to show off her great, big bandaid. She didn't tell me she wouldn't run in the house anymore, but told me, "If I run in the house, you say NO, ANNE PARKS!
I hope this time she'll listen!
2 comments:
i'm pretty sure i should have stopped at the warning....poor little thing.
At least it went well. No real trauma for her. At about the age of 8, my brother "helped" me hit my head on a brick fireplace. No stitches for me though. I did have pink hair for a day or so because I couldn't wash it.
Post a Comment