I am very blessed to be a part of a fabulous book club. People always ask, "Is it the kind of book club where you really read a book?" That always strikes me as funny. What other kind of book club is there. We get together because we all love to read. I love that we are a group of intelligent, diverse women and that book club at times challenges me to think at a higher level than every day life usually requires. I've read things I would have never picked up, thought about/discussed topics that I wouldn't have otherwise, and made more time for myself to read in the midst of hectic mommy/work duties.
I really can't express how much I love my book club!
This year, we celebrated Christmas with a cooking class at the
Viking Cooking School. We had a blast, and cooked/ate some really good food, too!
On the Menu:
--Fresh Crab and Brie Bisque with Roasted Garlic Crostini
--Shrimp and Scallops en Papillote with Fresh Oranges
--Baby Spinach with Spicy Pine Nuts and Warm Pancetta Vinaigrette
--Decadent Chocolate Cherry Fondue with Cream Cheese Pound Cake and Fresh Fruit Dippers
 |
| Whitney, Lauren, and Geneveive |
 |
| Holly and Emily |
 |
| Michelle and Meredith |
 |
| Alli and me |
 |
| Laurel and Lindsay |
1 comment:
I would love time to read! School keeps me from it. Cooking school looks like a blast!
Post a Comment