Monday, June 9, 2008
NYC
My brother, his girlfriend Morgan, and I went to NYC last weekend. It was sort of a senior trip for them, so I guess that makes me the chaperone. We stayed with my dear friends Jessi and Creighton (Actually, we didn't stay WITH Creighton, he stayed with friends to make room for us in the apartment.) It was Morgan's first time to fly, it turned out to be the worst flight I've ever been on. We go just outside of New York and thunderstorms forced us to go back and land in Richmond! What should have been a 2 hour flight turned into a 5 hour flight with no food! Morgan was a trooper though, and hopped back on the plane without complaint when we headed home. If it had been my first time flying, I probably would have taken the train!
Once we arrived, the weather was beautiful and not too hot like it has been here.
Jessi and Creighton's fancy new apartment is in Brooklyn near the Brooklyn Bridge.
This is a telescope that allows you to see to London. I tried to take a picture of the Brits staring back at us, but only snapped myself with the camera, Andrew, and Morgan (on the right). People were using white boards to write messages to London. It was all so silly, but it definitely put a smile on everyone's face.
Here we are...on top of the Empire State Building.
One night we ate dinner in Little Italy and got the royal treatment with our appetizer and dessert the house!
Jessi and Creighton's apartment has windows that jut out and allow for great views.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you had a good time in NYC! The view from their apartment is great!!
Post a Comment