Sunday, June 8, 2008

Toys R Us and Quinn's Party



Last weekend, we went to Toys R Us to pick out a birthday present for our friend Quinn. I was a little concerned about taking Anne Parks into a toy store because we've been having trouble in stores lately. Anne Parks has decided that she will NOT ride in a grocery cart and will climb out if put in one. She says, "I hold hands, Mama," and thinks she can walk around. As you can guess, the "holding hands' thing lasts for about 5 seconds. Then, she's off, and I'm chasing after her. So, I was pretty nervous about how she would behave in a store where even I get a little excited.
As we were driving to Toys R Us, I talked about where we were going and how important it was to be sweet. I told her that when we got there, I only wanted to see a sweet girl. I guess my little pep talked worked. As we were pulling up, she said, "I a sweet girl!"


This is her "sweet girl" look with hands on her chin. She rode in the buggy and was so sweet that she got to play in the little house.

Then we went to Quinn's birthday party and had a wonderful time.
Anne Parks' favorite part of the party was the big tractor out front.

Happy Birthday, Quinn!

No comments: