Friday, September 19, 2008

Two Docs and a Rock

Have any of you tried to make an appointment with a dermatologist lately? My advice is to go ahead and make one now, just in case you have a problem in the future. They are almost impossible to get! The earliest I could get for Anne Parks was March 4, 2009!
You've probably noticed in pictures that she's had a rash on her face since May. We've been to the pediatrician twice and couldn't get rid of it, so he suggested a dermatologist.

Like I said, appointments are hard to get, so we decided to try the "walk-in" option. There is a doctor who takes walk-ins first thing in the morning a few days a week. AP and I left our house at 5:20 am and arrived a little before 6:00. There were already two others in line outside the clinic! While we waited, we had a picnic of coffee (for me), milk (for AP), and donut holes. At 7:00, they let us in. We got to see the doc, and he diagnosed Anne Parks with having a rash. He said it all started with her paci and gave us a prescription. The cream has already started to help. I'm glad we didn't wait until March.


Our Picnic
Waiting patiently for the doctor
Our adventure at the dermatologist's office was on Wednesday. On Thursday, I was in the middle of class when the school secretary came and told me that AP's school had called. She had put a ROCK in her NOSE, and they couldn't get it out. I went to check on her. By the time I got there, she was in the lunchroom. When I walked in, she shouted across the room, "Mama! Look! I got a rock in my nose!" She was very proud of herself. The rock was so far up that I had to use a flashlight to see it. Jason met us at the doctor's office. Waiting in the exam room, Jason could still see the rock, but by the time the doc came to look, it was GONE! Our doc consulted with an ENT and determined that she most likely swallowed it. We're just going to watch her for the next few weeks. The doc says that if there's still a rock in there, it'll start to STINK in a few weeks! Can you think of anything more disgusting? We are just praying that it's gone.

Anne Parks got a sucker for being a good patient. We got in the car, and she promptly went to sleep.
What a week!

2 comments:

Adventures in Swaisie Land said...

Bless your heart! I am still hurting for you after the bathtub incident and now this!!! I got a good laugh out of how proud she was to tell you about the rock. Hope it is the last you will see of it. Love the blog.

The Sherman Family said...

First of all, this is hilarious...I mean, I know it's not, but really--what kid doesn't want to stick stuff up his/her nose? Secondly, you're so right about the dermatologist...I talked to my doctor about some moles I wanted to check. That was May--my appt. time? Yesterday.