Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

Is it 2009 already?! Boy, time flies! I haven't posted much over the holidays, so I have a lot of catching up to do. Honestly, I couldn't bring myself to open my computer much over the last few weeks. It's been nice to have a break, and my school schedule will definitely take me a while to get used to again.
I'll start by sharing my Christmas projects with you. I mentioned in an earlier post that I made most of my gifts this year. I had so much fun doing it and even more fun watching them be opened. Some of my friends have asked me to share what I made, so here they are. I got a lot of my ideas and/or patterns from my favorite craft blogs. They are some great blogs with cute ideas. You'll find the links next to each project.

For Cousin Maggie: a doll, some diapers for her babies (Skip To My Lou), a skirt (Oliver +S), and two shirts (Darby Stickler)







For Cousin Smith: a growth chart (ohdeedoh), two shirts, and a tackle dummy starring his dad





For Tizzie: a t-shirt

For Jason: a quilt (how-to)



Pillows for Ganne and Mimi (starring Anne Parks and Smith)...
and for Jennifer and Susan (starring Maggie and Anne Parks)
**I got the idea for these pillows from a blog, but I can't seem to find the link. I'll post it as soon as I can find it.

I also canned some apple butter, but failed to take any pictures of the finished product. It was a hit! It was my first experience with canning, and it was surprising easy (thanks again to Darby Stickler).

No comments: