Thursday, October 8, 2009

Nesting?

I don't know what's going on with me lately. The best way I know how to describe it is "nesting". The "nesting instinct" is something pregnant women get where they feel the urgent need to get their home (nest) ready for a new baby.

Well, Baby Nora is over 3 months old. I felt some need to prepare while I was pregnant, but I was mostly laid back (evidenced by the fact that I still haven't hung the pictures in her nursery). A little clutter has never bothered me, but now, when I walk into the house, I have this frantic need to have everything neat and tidy. I feel like my blood pressure rises when AP's toys are on the floor (which, if you have a toddler you know, is all the time)!

So, Anne Parks and I spent Sunday organizing her toys and practicing putting things away. As you can see, she has a bin for Barbies, dress-up, and many other things.


Then, we went through the process of packing up her summer clothes and going through the fall ones to see if any still fit (and boy have her legs gotten long). We set aside two boxes for Cousin Maggie, and washed and hung up the keepers. We went through a lot of clothes, and AP was a trooper.


Anne Parks did such a good job, and it was such a beautiful day that we played on the porch as a reward. I gave her some rice to play with (much cleaner than sand, I've found), and she stood there playing with it (in her tutu) for over 2 hours!
She said she was cooking for her dwarfs and that they would be there in a minute because they were washing their hands.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Getting like your mama!!!!