Monday, October 19, 2009

Photography Class #5: Studio Portraits and Playing with Light

In my last photography class, we met in my teacher's studio to learn about portraits and lighting. I got picked to be the first "model". It was very awkward. It's bad enough when you have one photo taken, but this was my veiw of all of my classmates shooting me.

After practicing portraits, we did some fun things with light. The next few pictures of the antique camera were done by "painting with light". We set our cameras to "bulb" and sat in the dark with the shutters open while someone used a flashlight to "paint" the camera. This was the result...pretty neat.





Then we played with double exposures by holding open the shutter and flashing the lights while our teacher moved around.




Then, we played with some Christmas lights.







and "wrote with light" using a flashlight.


I'm really going to miss my class. It started up again last Monday and is given about every 6 weeks. I plan on taking it again because each group goes to different locations. Anybody want to join me next time?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great, Laura! I love photography, but I don't have a very good camera. Maybe I'll get a better one someday. Keep posting!

Rhonda

The Stringers said...

me!

The Long Family said...

I'm on the list!