Monica took care of Anne Parks for the first year of her life as if she were her own. It was definitely hard to go back to work, but knowing that Monica was taking care of my baby made the transition easier.
Monica is a mother of six kids from age 5 to 23. She not only ran an in-home day care, but home-schooled her own kids up to 5th grade. I would arrive at her house to pick up Anne Parks, and she would have the kids each working on age-appropriate projects or school work, the house would be tidy, and dinner would be on the stove! When I'd ask her how she did it, she would answer, "Prayer."
Monica took great care of Anne Parks, but I got so much more than that from her. During that year, I was blessed with her spiritual example and humble devotion to God. What a wonderful role model during my first year of motherhood! There is no better lesson, especially for a new mom, than to turn to God with your worries.
Moving away from Monica and her family was hard for us. I had a hard time believing that anyone else would take care of Anne Parks like she did, and I have certianly missed her motherly wisdom.
When we were in Florida last week, we got to stop in for a visit with Monica and her family. What a happy reunion! Anne Parks had been too small to really remember them, but she loved them immediately and has been asking when she can see Miss Monica again.
Anne Parks and Faith
Christopher, Faith, and AP
By the way, Monica is now working as a nanny for vacationers in the Destin area. If you're going to be vacationing, I highly recommend her!
2 comments:
sooooo sweet!!!
Hey there. Congrats on the new baby!! I was just catching up on your blog and saw your garage sale post. Have you started "Wild at Heart"? I have it but I have not read it yet. I have done a Bible study on "Captivating" same author but just about women instead of men. I LOVED it!! Check it out it really helps with raising girls too!!
Post a Comment