We had a wonderful time in Florida last weekend. It was our first family vacation with just the three of us. Anne Parks was so excited about going to the beach. After riding for about 20 minutes, she asked, "Where's the beach?" Luckily, I had planned ahead. I hit the dollar store before we left and packed treat bags. Every hour (as long as she was sweet), Anne Parks got to open one. Each had a snack (juice treats, cheese crackers, etc.) and a toy (slinky, book, stickers). She was such a good traveler, and we had a good time seeing what the next treat bag would hold.

The weather was perfect when we arrived, so we hit the beach as soon as we go into town.




Day 2 was overcast, so we played at Destin Commons...

and went to Seaside. Anne Parks loved the grassy amphitheater. I think for our next vacation, we'll just go to a big grassy field. AP had a blast running and running and running!



Day 3: Breakfast at
Miss Lucille's Gossip Parlor in
Gulf Place (where Jason and I lived when we first moved to Florida) At Miss Lucille's, ate giant cinnamon rolls, played with a puzzle, and tried on some fabulous hats.






The highlight of our trip was seeing our much-missed Florida friends. We had a cookout with the
Powells, the
Carters, and the
Harpers. I wish I had more pics from the cookout, but I was so glad to be with my friends that it slipped my mind. I did get this one of AP and Erika.

We had a great time. I definitely won't let another year and a half go by before I see my friends (or the beach) again!
1 comment:
yeah! it was sooooo fun! i only wish you had stayed longer and that jason felt better! kisses to AP, miss that girl so much! she's so grown up and has become such a sweet-spirited, loving, caring little doll. we'll work on getting Chance less-scary for your next visit!
XO
e
Post a Comment